Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the Shamokin Elementary and
As we begin the school year it is important to realize all of the ingredients that stand ready to serve you and your child. Our desire is to provide academic excellence in a warm and supportive school climate. Our school facility is second to none with qualified and caring teachers and staff, high quality materials and equipment, and a very active and interested Parent-Teacher Association.
In our vision, the Shamokin Area Elementary learning community is one in which each learner grows and achieves proficient or advanced levels according to the Pennsylvania performance standards in all subject areas. Each student will be prepared for success in the middle school and beyond.
Here are some ways you can help your child have a successful school year:
--Get to know your child’s teacher.
--Talk with your child’s teacher about problems, too.
--Make sure your child gets enough sleep.
--Learn what is expected of your child.
--Read to your child.
It is imperative we have your support and guidance to make the entire school year successful for your child(ren). If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the Annex Office at (570) 648-4944 or the Elementary Office at (570) 648-5721.
Mrs. Mary Teresa Komara
CHANGE IN PARENT PICK-UP PROCEDURES
AT DISMISSAL TIME
Due to a request, we are planning to change parent pick-up procedures on a trial basis. This will begin NOVEMBER 12, 2012. Your child will receive a parent pick-up pass to be placed in your vehicle on the passenger side of your dashboard so it is visible for our staff to read. A staff member will be outside to radio for your child(ren) to leave the building and enter vehicles. Please use a black permanent marker and on the pass PRINT BIG AND BOLD students’ full name legibly, using last name first. (i.e. SMITH, JOHN) You will no longer need to leave your vehicle for your children.
1. Place parent pick-up pass provided to you on passenger side of dashboard with last name facing out. We issue the first pass for free. Replacement passes are $1.00. For security purposes, it is essential that all cars use our official parent pick-up pass.
2. Vehicles are required to be lined up, single file around curbing against building starting at the elementary office entrance. A cone will be placed where line should begin.
3. With proper flow, five to six vehicles will be processed at the curb and the students will be dismissed. Once those vehicles leave, the next round will be parked to continue student dismissal.
4. Your parent pick-up pass must be displayed. If you do not have a parent pick-up pass, you will need to park in a visitor parking space in the lot near the playground and walk to the forum entrance to sign out your child(ren).
Our parent pick-up procedures are designed to maintain a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal for you, our students and our staff. The following guidelines provide a general awareness to all involved as well as provide information that will expedite the process.
· Please adhere to the 15 MPH speed limit on school property
· Refrain from using cell phones while in parent pick-up line
· Attend to your vehicle at all times. If you must leave your vehicle, please use a visitor parking space in the parking lot
Welcome to the start of a new school year and another year of A+ School Rewards. Beginning October 6, 2013 through March 22, 2014 Shamokin Area Elementary School ID#02347 will have the opportunity to earn cash through Giant A+ School Rewards Program.
All you have to do is:
· Return this form to school with your child and include your Giant BONUSCARD Number & Last Name
________________________(11-digit BONUSCARD) ______________________ Last Name
After you register your card, each shopping trip at Giant using your BONUSCARD earns CASH for our school! Each month, the amount of CASH awarded will be updated on the Giant website. You can track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program and the money can be used for any of our school’s educational needs.
Remember, even if you registered your card last year, you must re-register this year for our school to receive credit. Attending to this simple process makes a HUGE difference to our school. We need your support. Please be sure to register your card to benefit Shamokin Area Elementary School using ID #02347.
Also, don’t forget to encourage your friends and relatives to do the same.
It could mean the world to our children.If you do not have internet access and need assistance, call 1-888-448-4642.