In June 2018, Governor Tom Wolf signed Act 44 into law, creating a School Safety and Security Committee within the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency. A PowerPoint overview can be found by clicking the link below.
As a school district, we want to always make sure our schools, students, and staff are safe. We continue to review all our policies, plans, and procedures and update them. Some of the safety initiatives we have implemented include:
- Metal Detectors in entrances of all school district buildings.
- Armed and unarmed security guards stationed in and patrolling the hallways of all buildings.
- Clearly marked Entrances/Exits to all buildings.
- ALICE certified staff
- ALICE active intruder drills conducted for staff.
- Stop the Bleed Training for all staff.
- Suicide prevention/Mandated Reporter Training for all staff.
- Evacuation, Lockdown, Severe Weather, Earthquake, and Fire Drills conducted monthly.
-Too Good For Drugs and Violence Lessons for students in grades K-12.
- In conjunction with the Office of Attorney General and Sandy Hook Promise, administer "Safe2Say" anonymous school safety tip line.