Guest Teacher Program
Guest Teacher Requirements
The Shamokin Area School District will be accepting Guest Teacher applications starting August 20, 2018. Guest teachers are individuals in the community, who do not have teacher certification, but possess a Bachelor’s degree. The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) will grant an emergency permit (Type 06 permit) allowing individuals to become a day-to–day substitute teacher once the training program, required documentation (physical, TB test, transcripts and clearances), and PDE application through TIMS are completed. The Type 06 permit allows a guest teacher to substitute in any subject area. The Type 06 Emergency Permit is valid for one year (August 1st-July 31st) and must be renewed on an annual basis. Compensation is $105.00/day.
Guest Teachers Participants Must:
- Have a desire to make a positive impact on students
- Successfully complete a one day training offered by the district
- Complete All required documents
- PDE 338-G Form- General Application
- PDE 6400 Form- Arrest Conviction Report
- Emergency Permit Processing Fee: $5.00
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release- District Webpage
- Act 151- PA Child Abuse History Clearance- District Webpage
- Act 34- PA State Police Criminal record Clearance- District Webpage
- Act 114- FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record Clearance- District Webpage
- Official sealed transcripts (2)- A fee may apply to some colleges/universities
- School Employee PA Department Of Health School Personnel Health Record- including a current TB test
Applicants approved by PDE will be contacted by district to set up training program.
Training Times- 9:00-3:00
Location: SASD Board Room
September 20, 2018
October 18, 2018
Future Trainings - TBD
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Teresa Komara, Curriculum Coordinator at 570-648-5731.