Dear Shamokin Area School District Families:
This announcement is regarding (2) items for the upcoming school year – our Health and Safety Plan and the Dress Code.
With the lifting of Pennsylvania’s masking order effective June 28, 2021, and for the start of the upcoming school year, I wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with some important information about our Health and Safety Plan.
The Health and Safety Plan was approved by the Board of Education at its meeting on July 21, 2021. Please find the plan below.
For the 2021-2022 School Year, the major items of interest are below:
- All schools will be open for in-person instruction five (5) days per week.
- Staff and students will not be required to wear facemasks while at school.
- Individuals who wish to wear facemasks as a mitigation measure will be permitted to do so – but that will be their personal choice.
- Staff and students will not be required to be vaccinated in order to work at or attend our schools.
- Families who are interested in Virtual Learning through Edgenuity MUST schedule a meeting with the building Principal before August 12, 2021.
Please understand that this is a fluid situation as circumstances with the pandemic can change rapidly. As new information becomes available from PDE, DOH, and the CDC, the District must follow any new requirements/mandates presented. As we did during the past school year, we would revise our plans accordingly. However, at this time we are looking forward to a much more normal year of school for our students and staff.
I also wanted to make you aware of our plans for the Dress Code for the upcoming school year. We will be following the Dress Code that was in place prior to the pandemic. For specifics about the Dress Code, please visit the school’s website and click on the Dress Code link on the right hand side or visit the school’s Facebook page.
Thank you again for your patience, cooperation, and trust during the past school year. I could not have been more proud of our students, our families, and our District as a whole. Your support and continued cooperation is much appreciated!
I hope you all have a healthy, safe, and enjoyable rest of your summer. I look forward to seeing you all on August 23, 2021, the first day of school for the 2021-2022 school year! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Chris J. Venna