Healthy Champions NewsletterSanity Saving Tips to Survive the Back-to-School Frenzy
- Teachers' toolkit to a yummy curriculum: Get a head start on fun ways to engage students about nutrition with games, recipes, posters and more resources.
- Parent essentials: Help your child's school year get off to a good start with these useful tips to survive and thrive during back-to-school season.
- Tackle emotions: Learn from experts how to prepare kids emotionally for school and how to ease back-to-school anxieties.
- Health and safety tips: Learn the ins and outs of students’ health and safety ranging from backpack basics to social media safety for tech savvy students.
- School lunch hacks: Remember that a healthy breakfast, lunch and snack helps kids stay on track throughout the day. Learn fuss-free ways to turn lunches from drab to fab.
Learn moreKohl’s Circle of Wellness FREE Workshop
Do you represent a middle or high school in: Dauphin, Lebanon, Perry, Juniata, Mifflin, York or Lancaster county? Are you interested in a FREE program that supports the whole child approach? Attend our *one-day FREE kick off workshop for Kohl’s Circle of Wellnessfeaturing experts who will address the framework of mental and physical health. Learn achievable and sustainable changes schools can incorporate during the 2019-2020 school year to tackle mental health stigmas and culture shifts.Attend for a chance to WIN a physical activity box valued at $500!
*Spots limited to 50 per day, two individuals per school. Multiple dates offered, select only one date to attend.
- DATE: *Oct. 24 or Oct. 25
- TIME: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- LOCATION: Hershey Country Club in Hershey, Pa.
- COST: FREE - Click here to register today.
- QUESTIONS: Contact PROWellness@pennstatehealth.psu.edu
Register TodayBack-to-School Vaccine Guide
More and more diseases are preventable with vaccines, but keeping track of the shots your kids need can be tough. Immunization Awareness Month is a good time to find out how to stay on top of them with the resources below.
- INFOGRAPHIC: Vaccines for infants through age 6
- QUIZ: What vaccines do adults need
- NEW 2019 required school vaccinations
- Printable recommended immunization schedules for children and adults
- Educational handouts boost flu vaccinations in kids, study shows
Learn moreTake Home Tips
Refresh your parent-teacher communication by sharing healthy tips to help educate and inspire youth and their families to eat well, engage in regular physical activity, and become champions for bringing healthy choices to life.
- Exercise with You Child Week (Aug. 5-11): 13 take action tips to get your family fit
- National Breastfeeding Month: Mobile apps provide virtual breast-feeding support
- Children’s Eye Health and Safety Month: 12 tips to prevent children’s eye injuries
- International Overdose Awareness Day (Aug. 31): How to identify teen alcohol and drug abuse
Learn moreFREE CSPAP Webinar
As a teacher or school staff member, you are the expert in teaching children. However, you may come across a situation in your life that asks you to teach an adult learner. Our FREE Comprehensive School Physical Activity Programs (CSPAP) Adult learning principleswebinar, supported through a partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Health, provides an overview of the seven principles of adult learning and the ways to effectively teach adult learners.
Learn moreFollow us for more PRO Wellness updates!