Important Updates at Shamokin Elementary:
1) Today (1/8/21) will NOT be on an Act 80 Day. Students will end their day at the regular end time.
2) The end of the 2nd Marking Period has been adjusted to Friday, January 15th.
3) Monday, January 18, is a snow make up day. It is now a regular day of school for students. It will be a Day 6 on the enrichment schedule.
4) Report Cards will be distributed on Monday, January 25th.
5) IMPORTANT - - - Virtual students MUST participate in their Google Classroom. Students who do not complete their online learning are at high risk for retention and truancy charges. (Tip: students experiencing tremendous success are logging in for daily live instruction or checking in daily with their teachers via email/remind). Please contact your child's teacher if you are experiencing any issues.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Elementary Main Office at 570-648-5721.
Dear Shamokin Area Elementary Virtual Families (Live Google Classroom/Odysseyware/Courseware),
You may access our virtual learning pathway at https://sites.google.com/indians.k12.pa.us/shamokin-area-elementary-virtu/home . On this website you will find useful information in accessing your child's specific learning pathway. It is as simple as 1,2,3! Thank you for your continued patience during such unprecidented times! We look forward to working with your children in both our on-site and virtual classrooms.
The Reading program that has been fully implemented as of the 2016-2017 school year is Wonders Reading by McGraw-Hill Education. This framework links our students to the core standards, inspiring literature, and makes a connection from the classroom to the outside world. Literacy begins with a strong foundation. Wonders provides the daily explicit and systematic instruction needed to:
The Math program that has been updated as of the 2017-2018 school year is Everyday Math by McGraw-Hill Education. This framework is a spiral curriculum that helps to ensure students master key concepts by continually revisiting content in a variety of contexts over time. Key components of Everyday Math include:
New Incoming Kindergarten Parents:
Reading Readiness is key to your child’s education. The following are important and necessary skills that will prepare your child for reading:
*Reading to your child every day for 15 minutes develops a love of reading!!